2008 Pandemic Influenza Plan New York State Department of Health
The 2008 New York State Department of Health Pandemic Influenza Plan was initially drafted in June 2008, based on comments received on the 2006 New York State Department of Health Pandemic Influenza Plan.
Late in 2008, several additional federal guidance documents related to pandemic influenza planning were released. The NYSDOH will be meeting with local health departments, healthcare facilities, and other preparedness partners in the coming months to discuss the federal guidance documents and to elicit their feedback and recommendations on how to incorporate the guidance into the 2009 version of the plan.
Comments on the 2008 plan can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we are unable to respond individually to comments, we will review all comments.
View and Print Entire 2008 Plan
- NYSDOH Pandemic Influenza Plan (PDF, 5.2MB, 671pg.)
View and Print 2008 Plan by Chapter or Section
- Table of Contents (PDF, 11KB, 1pg.)
- Introduction (PDF, 48KB,8pg.)
- List of Acronyms (PDF, 13KB, 2pg.)
- Planning Assumptions (PDF, 14KB, 2pg.)
- Command and Control (PDF, 254KB, 42pg.)
- Surveillance and Laboratory Testing (PDF, 261KB, 48pg.)
- Healthcare Planning (PDF, 807KB, 147pg.)
- Infection Control (PDF, 158KB, 43pg.)
- Clinical Guidelines (PDF, 851KB, 40pg.)
- Vaccine Procurement, Distribution and Use (PDF,171KB, 43pg.)
- Antiviral Medication Procurement, Distribution and Use (PDF, 503KB, 56pg.)
- Community Containment (PDF, 329KB, 52pg.)
- Communications (PDF, 172KB, 46pg.)
- Training and Education (PDF, 78KB, 13pg.)
- Workforce Support (PDF, 24KB, 5pg.)
- Highly Pathogenic H5N1 Avian Influenza in Non-Human Animals (PDF, 46KB, 11pg.)
- Public Health Preparedness and Informatics (PDF, 1.9MB, 111pg.)