Pregnant women have special needs during an emergency. If you are pregnant, the information below can help you plan for an emergency to keep you safe. Planning tips and other ideas for how to prepare for a disaster are included. There is also a link for information if you think you may have been exposed to something that could hurt your baby.
- Emergency Planning Tips if You're Pregnant or Have Young Children - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tips on how to plan for a flood or other disasters, to keep you and your children safe.
- Prepare for Disaster: Information for Pregnant Women - March of Dimes
- This covers the special needs of pregnant women during a disaster and helps pregnant women take necessary unique steps to be prepared for an emergency.
- Raising Mom's Awareness. Reducing Baby's Risk. Organization of Teratology Information Specialists
- The Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS) is dedicated to providing information about toxic exposures during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. There is a toll-free hotline to speak with a counselor if you think you or your baby has had a toxic exposure.