North Country Health Systems Redesign Commission
On December 2, 2013 the New York State Department of Health Commissioner, Nirav R. Shah, M.D., M.P.H., announced the formation of the North Country Health Systems Redesign Commission (NCHSRC). The goal of the NCHSRC is to create an effective, integrated health care delivery system for preventative, medical, behavioral, and long term care services to all communities throughout New York's North Country.
NCHSRC is charged with:
- Assessing the total scope of care in the North Country: community and preventive care, secondary and tertiary care and long term care.
- Assessing the regional population's health care needs and the system's ability to meet them.
- Recommending ways in which to ensure that essential providers survive or that appropriate capacity is developed to replace failing providers; a restructuring and re-capitalization agenda.
- Identifying opportunities for merger, affiliation and/or partnership among providers that will maintain or improve access and quality, financial viability and promote integrated care.
- Making specific recommendations that providers and communities can implement to improve access, coordination, outcomes and quality of care, and population health.
- Developing recommendations for the distribution of re-investment grants.
The NCHSRC engages a broad cross section of health care experts, business and community leaders, elected officials, patients and other key stakeholders who will lead a strategic, regional planning process. Members have been appointed by Commissioner Shah.
NCHSRC members are:
- Chair: Daniel Sisto, Past President, Hospital Association of New York State (HANYS)
- Co-Vice-Chair: Arthur Webb, Principal, Arthur Webb Group
- Co-Vice-Chair: John Rugge, M.D., President and CEO, Hudson Headwaters Health Network, Chair of the Committee on Health Planning of the NYS Public Health and Health Planning Council (PHHPC)
- Cali Brooks, Executive Director, Adirondack Community Trust
- Dan Burke, Regional President, Saratoga-Glens Falls Region-NBT Bank
- Tedra Cobb, President, Tedra L. Cobb and Associates
- Tom Curley, Past Executive Director, Associated Press
- Susan Delehanty, Chief Executive Officer, Citizens Advocates, Inc.
- Garry Douglas, President and CEO, North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Honorable Janet Duprey, New York State Assembly Member
- Sherrie Gillette, Director of Community Mental Health Services, Clinton County
- Honorable Betty Little, New York State Senator
- Fred Monroe, Supervisor, Town of Chester
- Honorable Patty Richie, New York State Senator
- Neil Roberts, Board Member, Fort Hudson Health System
- Honorable Addie Russell, New York State Assembly Member
- Honorable Dan Stec, New York Assembly Member
- Denise Young, Executive Director, Fort Drum Regional Planning Organization
NCHSRC's will submit its recommendations to the State Health Commissioner by March 31, 2014.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Note: The start and end times for these meetings changed. The March 14, 2014 meeting has been cancelled. Due to weather conditions, the North Country Health Systems Redesign Commission was unable to webcast the morning portion of the March 13, 2014 meeting.
The North Country Health Systems Redesign Commission held a meeting on Thursday, March 13, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Friday, March 14, from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 412 State Route 3, Plattsburgh, NY.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 & Wednesday, February 19, 2014
The North Country Health Systems Redesign Commission held a meeting on Tuesday, February 18, from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Wednesday, February 19, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Clarkson University, 8 Clarkson Avenue, Potsdam, NY. The meetings will be held in the Barben Rooms, 2nd Level, Cheel Campus Center.
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 & Wednesday, January 22, 2014
The North Country Health Systems Redesign Commission held a meeting on Tuesday, January 21, from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Wednesday, January 22, from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Best Western/Savory Downtown, 300 Washington Street in Watertown, NY.
- January 21 Agenda (PDF, 66KB)
- January 21 Presentation (PDF, 8.5MB)
- January 22 Presentation (PDF, 8.5MB)
- View Webcast
- Background materials
- More information about the State Health Innovation Plan (SHIP)