About Physician Profiles
The New York State Physician Profile web site was created after former Governor George Pataki signed the New York Patient Health Information and Quality Improvement Act of 2000 to make it possible for all citizens of New York to get information about physicians (doctors).
Information Available on All Doctors
Certain information is required to be available on all physicians. Such information includes:
- Information about the doctor's medical education
- Information about translation services at the doctor's office
- Information about legal actions taken against the doctor
To see all the information that is available for each doctor, search on any doctor's name.
Doctors can also give extra information (optional information) about their practice. Each doctor is invited to add:
- The practice name, address and phone number of all offices
- The names of other doctors in a practice group
- A list of the articles or research papers the doctor has published
- A list of professional and community service activities or awards
- A list of the health plans the doctor works with
- A personal statement about any information in the doctor's profile
If you have a complaint about a doctor?
Contact the Office of Professional Medical Conduct at 1-800-663-6114 (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.)