NYS Money Follows the Person Demonstration
In January 2007, the federal Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved New York's application to participate in the Money Follows the Person Federal Rebalancing Demonstration Program (MFP). The demonstration was extended through the Affordable Care Act.
- MFP Stakeholder 2.10.14 Presentation
- MFP Stakeholder 9.26.13 Presentation
- MFP Operational Protocol Version 1.8
- MFP Statutory Section 6071- D.R.A.
MFP Funding Opportunity
The New York State Department of Health recently issued a Request for Applications (RFA) to announce a funding opportunity for the Money Follows the Person Demonstration (MFP) program. The statewide RFA will award two contracts one for each component (A): a peer outreach and referral component and (B): transition centers.
Component A: Peer Outreach and Referral utilizes a peer based approach to provide information to individuals that were identified as candidates for transfer or individuals who communicated a desire to transition from a facility into the community and then to make referrals to the Transition Centers as appropriate.
Component B: Transition Centers which is to identify potential participants in nursing homes, developmental centers, and intermediate care facilities and make referrals to the Peer Outreach and Referral vendor, and support successful transitions.
For more information please click on the DOH funding link below: http://www.health.ny.gov/funding/rfa/1401070924/index.htm
- Applications Due Date: 3/28/2014
- Submission of a Letter of Interest is requested by 2/27/2014
- Contract term: April 1, 2014 – March 31, 2017
- Contact: Luci M. Wilson, Project Coordinator
MFP Stakeholder Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
- February 10, 2014 Meeting (PDF, 80KB)