There are many opportunities in the field of public health. In addition to professional public health associations and organizations that post current job listings, some schools of public health have job databanks where individual's can search and apply for employment opportunities.
To learn more about careers in Public Health check out these resources:
Note: This list provides a sample of the types of resources available and is not all inclusive.
- American Public Health Association (APHA) - Career Mart:
- Associations of Schools of Public Health (ASPH) - PublicHealthJobs.net:
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials:
- Emory Rollins School of Public Health – Public Health Employment Connection:
- Graduate School of Public Health at San Diego State University:
- Medical and Public Health Jobs in the Federal Government:
- National Association for County & City Health Officials:
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene:
- New York State Association of County Health Officials – Employment website:
- New York State Department of Civil Service:
- New York State Department of Health Employment Opportunities:
- The George Washington University School of Public Health:
- UNC School of Public Health Career Opportunities:
- University at Alabama, School of Public Health:
- University at Minnesota School of Public Health:
- University at Pittsburg School of Public Health:
Additional internet resources can be found by using online search engines and inputting terms such as "public health jobs," "public health employment opportunities," or other key terms that are relevant to your job search.