Learn More about Worksite Wellness
Guidelines for Meetings
- Guidelines for Healthy Meetings: Simple guidelines for serving healthful foods and adding physical activity opportunities to meetings.
Making Worksites Smoke-free
- NYSDOH provides brochures, information about the Clean Indoor Air Act and facts sheets about tobacco use.
- New York State Smokers' Quitline provides tips on how to stay smoke-free, how to help a friend or family member and stop smoking medications and support.
- SmokeFree.com provides free smoking-related information, and lists free or low-cost local smoking cessation programs.
- The American Cancer Society is a good resource for information on smoking cessation.
Nutrition and Physical Activity
- California Project LEAN: Series of programs and activities to promote nutrition through environmental and policy interventions.
- The Community Guide: A compilation of evidence-based strategies to promote nutrition and physical activity.
Worksite Wellness for Diabetes
- Business and Managed Care Diabetes Health Resource Kit: A business case for diabetes programs at the worksite.
- National Diabetes Education Program: Offers diabetes prevention and management information tailored for businesses, patient educators, and a variety of ethnic and racial groups.