Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver for Children and Adolescents with Serious Emotional Disturbances
To provide services and support to children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbances and their families to enable them to remain at home and in the community.
- Must be between 5 and 17 years of age
- Have serious emotional disturbances
- Demonstrate complex health and mental health needs
- Require or be at imminent risk of needing psychiatric inpatient care
- Services and support needs cannot be met by one agency system
- Have a consistent and viable living arrangement with family that is able and willing to participate in the waiver
- Appear to be capable of being cared for in the community with access to waiver services; and
- Be eligible for Medicaid
- Parental income and resources are not considered when determining the child's eligibility for Medicaid.
The HCBS Waiver allows Medicaid to pay for some services not normally provided through Medicaid, including: care coordination; respite; family support services; intensive in-home services; crisis response and skill building.
For More Information
For a complete list of Provider Agencies by county, visit the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities website at www.opwdd.ny.gov