NYS Balancing Incentive Program
New York State received the below award letter from CMS on March 15, 2013 to participate in the federal Balancing Incentive Program authorized under the Affordable Care Act. New York's revised application, submitted to CMS on February 26, 2013, is also available below.
- Updated New York State Balancing Incentive Work Plan (PDF, 6MB)
- Original New York State Balancing Incentive Program Work Plan (PDF, 4.7MB)
- NY Balancing Incentive Program Award Letter (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Revised NYS BIP Program Application (PDF, 1.37MB)
Please note that while the substance of the Work Plan remains the same, due dates have been modified and funding lines in Appendix E.1 have been changed to reflect that items are no longer pending approval. In addition, the status of each task is no longer updated in the Work Plan but through an on-line CMS reporting system. Quarterly Progress Reports can be found on the CMS BIP website.
BIP Funding Opportunity
The New York State Department of Health has issued a Request for Applications for the Balancing Incentive Program (BIP). The BIP Innovation Fund is designed to engage New York's broad network of providers, advocates, and community leaders in developing systemic improvements that address barriers encountered when providing community-based long term supports and services (LTSS) across all populations of Medicaid beneficiaries in the State. Up to $45 million in Innovation Fund Grants will be available. The BIP Innovation Fund will promote provider expertise by offering eligible entities the opportunity to create solutions that impact the LTSS delivery systems.
For more information please see the DOH funding page: http://www.health.ny.gov/funding/rfa/1402140135/index.htm
To see the Innovation Fund Awardees Chart: http://www.health.ny.gov/funding/rfa/1402140135/innovation_fund_awardees.htm
BIP MLTC Expansion Program
- BIP MLTC Expansion Bonus Program description (PDF, 512KB)
- BIP MLTC Expansion Bonus Program Letters of Intent (LOI) request – (PDF, 231KB) Deadline 11/7/14
- FAQ on the BIP MLTC Expansion Bonus Program (PDF, 266KB)
Informational Conference on the BIP Innovation Fund RFA
BIP Innovation Fund
Balancing Incentive Program Webinar
- Balancing Incentive Program’s Proposed No Wrong Door Structure 6.30.14 (PDF, 491KB)
- Balancing Incentive Program Work Plan Update 1.9.14 (PDF, 556KB)
- NY Association on Independent Living Presentation 9.10.13 (PDF, 266KB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 (Archived Webinar).wmv (WMV, 30.6MB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 Presentation (PDF, 156KB)