NYS Balancing Incentive Program
New York State received the below award letter from CMS on March 15, 2013 to participate in the federal Balancing Incentive Program authorized under the Affordable Care Act. New York's revised application, submitted to CMS on February 26, 2013, is also available below.
- Updated New York State Balancing Incentive Work Plan (PDF, 6MB)
Please note that while the substance of the Work Plan remains the same, due dates have been modified and funding lines in Appendix E.1 have been changed to reflect that items are no longer pending approval. In addition, the status of each task is no longer updated in the Work Plan but through an on-line CMS reporting system. Quarterly Progress Reports can be found on the CMS BIP website.
- Original New York State Balancing Incentive Program Work Plan (PDF, 4.7MB)
- NY Balancing Incentive Program Award Letter (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Revised NYS BIP Program Application (PDF, 1.37MB)
On March 20, 2015, CMS provided the following guidance that they will entertain State specific requests to extend the timeframe for investment of Balancing Incentive Program through Sept. 30, 2017. Any proposed activities/uses of funding should align with the goals of the program. NYS will submit the required information, by July 1, 2015. Please see the guidance for full details and requirements.
BIP Funding Opportunity
The New York State Department of Health has issued a Request for Applications for the Balancing Incentive Program (BIP). The BIP Innovation Fund is designed to engage New York's broad network of providers, advocates, and community leaders in developing systemic improvements that address barriers encountered when providing community-based long term supports and services (LTSS) across all populations of Medicaid beneficiaries in the State. Up to $45 million in Innovation Fund Grants will be available. The BIP Innovation Fund will promote provider expertise by offering eligible entities the opportunity to create solutions that impact the LTSS delivery systems.
Consumer Directed FLSA BIP Payment Program
On January 22, 2015, the Department of Labor filed an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in the lawsuit brought by associations of home care companies challenging the Home Care Final Rule.
On January 14, 2015, U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon issued an opinion and order vacating the Final Rule's revised definition of companionship services.
The Department of Health is in the process of reviewing this Order.
- Application for Consumer Directed FLSA BIP Payment Program (PDF, 176KB)
- Consumer Directed FLSA BIP Application Cover (PDF, 12KB)
- Consumer Directed FLSA BIP Q and A 12.15.14 (PDF, 230KB)
BIP MLTC Expansion Program
- BIP MLTC Expansion Bonus Program description (PDF, 512KB)
- BIP MLTC Expansion Bonus Program Letters of Intent (LOI) request - (PDF, 231KB) Deadline 11/7/14
- FAQ on the BIP MLTC Expansion Bonus Program (PDF, 266KB)
Informational Conference on the BIP Innovation Fund RFA
BIP Innovation Fund
BIP Innovation Fund RFA 4.8.14 (PDF, 296KB)
Balancing Incentive Program Webinar
- Balancing Incentive Program´s Proposed No Wrong Door Structure 6.30.14 (PDF, 491KB)
- Balancing Incentive Program Work Plan Update 1.9.14 (PDF, 556KB)
- NY Association on Independent Living Presentation 9.10.13 (PDF, 266KB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 (Archived Webinar).wmv (WMV, 30.6MB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 Presentation (PDF, 156KB)