NYS Balancing Incentive Program
New York State received the below award letter from CMS on March 15, 2013 to participate in the federal Balancing Incentive Program authorized under the Affordable Care Act. New York's revised application, submitted to CMS on February 26, 2013, is also available below.
- The New York State Balancing Incentive Program Work Plan (PDF, 4.7MB)
- NY Balancing Incentive Program Award Letter (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Revised NYS BIP Program Application (PDF, 1.37MB)
BIP Funding Opportunity
The New York State Department of Health has issued a Request for Applications for the Balancing Incentive Program (BIP). The BIP Innovation Fund is designed to engage New York's broad network of providers, advocates, and community leaders in developing systemic improvements that address barriers encountered when providing community-based long term supports and services (LTSS) across all populations of Medicaid beneficiaries in the State. Up to $45 million in Innovation Fund Grants will be available. The BIP Innovation Fund will promote provider expertise by offering eligible entities the opportunity to create solutions that impact the LTSS delivery systems.
For more information please see the DOH funding page: http://www.health.ny.gov/funding/rfa/1402140135/index.htm
To see the Innovation Fund Awardees Chart: http://www.health.ny.gov/funding/rfa/1402140135/innovation_fund_awardees.htm
Informational Conference on the BIP Innovation Fund RFA
Balancing Incentive Program Webinar
- Balancing Incentive Program’s Proposed No Wrong Door Structure 6.30.14 (PDF, 491KB)
- Balancing Incentive Program Work Plan Update 1.9.14 (PDF, 556KB)
- NY Association on Independent Living Presentation 9.10.13 (PDF, 266KB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 (Archived Webinar).wmv (WMV, 30.6MB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 Presentation (PDF, 156KB)