NYS Balancing Incentive Program
New York State received the below award letter from CMS on March 15, 2013 to participate in the federal Balancing Incentive Program authorized under the Affordable Care Act. New York's revised application, submitted to CMS on February 26, 2013, is also available below.
- NY Association on Independent Living Presentation 9.10.13 (PDF, 266KB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 (Archived Webinar).wmv (WMV, 30.6MB)
- BIP Webinar 3.28.13 Presentation (PDF, 156KB)
- NY Balancing Incentive Program Award Letter (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Revised NYS BIP Program Application (PDF, 1.37MB)
Money Follows the Person Federal Rebalancing Demonstration Program
In January 2007, the federal Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved New York's application to participate in the Money Follows the Person Federal Rebalancing Demonstration Program (MFP). The demonstration was extended through the Affordable Care Act.