Resources for Child Care Staff and Parents
- Books of Interest (available in local bookstores)
- Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care(information for parents)
- Chatting with Children at Mealtimes
- Cleanliness and Safety Rules
- Cooking the Healthful Way
- Cooking with Preschool-Age Children
- Delicious Snacks
A list of healthy snack ideas. (PDF, 92KB, 1pg)
- Eating Healthy on a Budget - Online Learning Module
The NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance utilizes USDA's SNAP-Ed core concepts, My Plate, and Healthy Eating on a Budget to help plan, purchase and prepare cost-saving healthy meals.
- Enjoy Moving
A two page poster giving examples of physical activity for your children. (PDF,841KB,2pg.)
- Guides to Menu Planning
- Keeping Food Safe in Child Care Settings
- Sample Infant Lunch Menus
- Nutrition Related Group Games
- Preparation of Grains, Legumes and Pasta
- Preventing Childhood Obesity:
- Protect Yourself from Foodborne Illness
- Purchasing Should Assure Best Possible Meals
- Physical Activity for Children
Center's for Disease Control and Prevention Guideline on how much physical activity children should have.
- Serving Meals Family-Styl.
- Shop Together
- Step by Step Guide for Cooking with Children
- Tips for Healthy Cooking
- Ways to Encourage Children to have Positive Attitudes Toward Food.
- What is a Serving?
- When Children Won't Eat