Resources for Child Care Staff and Parents
- Books of Interest (available in local bookstores).
- Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care (information for parents)
- Chatting with Children at Mealtimes.
- Cleanliness and Safety Rules.
- Cooking the Healthful Way.
- Cooking with Preschool-Age Children.
- Delicious Snacks
A list of healthy snack ideas. (PDF, 92KB, 1pg)
- Enjoy Moving
A two page poster giving examples of physical activity for your children. (PDF,841KB,2pg.)
- Guides to Menu Planning.
- Keeping Food Safe in Child Care Settings.
- Sample Infant Lunch Menus.
- Sample Menus.
- Nutrition Related Group Games.
- Preparation of Grains, Legumes and Pasta.
- Preventing Childhood Obesity:
- Protect Yourself from Foodborne Illness.
- Purchasing Should Assure Best Possible Meals.
- Physical Activity for Children
Center's for Disease Control and Prevention Guideline on how much physical activity children should have.
- Serving Meals Family-Style.
- Shop Together.
- Step by Step Guide for Cooking with Children.
- Tips for Healthy Cooking.
- Ways to Encourage Children to have Positive Attitudes Toward Food.
- What is a Serving?
- When Children Won't Eat.