Suggested Items For Team Orientation
Below is a checklist of items your team members would have to be familiar with. These serve as guidelines only. You will have to adapt it to your team's needs.
- Initiative background: Explain why and how it was started? Why the need?
- Overview of scope of initiative and goals
- Work with group to develop mission and vision, if not already done. This needs to be reviewed and updated every two to three years.
- Provide opportunity for each team member to articulate their goals, and perspectives regarding their own or their agency's involvement.
- Engage the participants in a discussion of the resources, knowledge, and skill that each member brings to the table so that you can maximize the assets of each person.
- Clarify each member's role.
- Assess training and technical assistance needs.
- Establish a timeline for activities.