Plan-Technical Reports of NYS Medicaid Managed Care Plans
New York State (NYS) is dedicated to providing and maintaining the highest quality of care for enrollees in managed health care plans. The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) Office of Quality and Patient Safety (OQPS) employs an ongoing strategy to improve the quality of care provided to plan enrollees, ensure the accountability of these plans and maintain the continuity of care to the public.
The Plan-Technical Reports (PTRs) are sixteen (16) individualized reports on the managed care organizations (MCOs) certified to provide Medicaid coverage in NYS. In accordance with federal requirements, these reports summarize the results of the 2012 External Quality Review (EQR) to evaluate access to, timeliness of and quality of care provided to NYS Medicaid beneficiaries. Other data incorporated to provide additional background on the MCOs include the following: health plan corporate structure, enrollment and disenrollment data, provider network description, encounter data summaries, quality/satisfaction points and incentive, appeals summaries and financial ratios.
These reports are organized into the following domains: health plan corporate structure, enrollment and provider network information, utilization data, quality of care indicators, health information technology, deficiencies and appeals, selected financial data, and MCO strengths and opportunities for improvement as described in the next paragraph. Although the reports focus primarily on Medicaid data, selected sections of these reports also include data from the plans' Family Health Plus, Commercial and Child Health Plus product lines. Additionally, when available and appropriate, the plans' data are compared with statewide benchmarks. When benchmarks are utilized for rates other than QARR, comparative statements are based on differences determined by standard deviations: a difference of one standard deviation is used to determine rates that are higher or lower than the statewide average.
Section VII provides an assessment of the MCO’s strengths and opportunities for improvement in the areas of accessibility, timeliness and quality of services. For areas in which the plan has opportunities for improvement, recommendations are provided for improving the quality of health care services. To achieve full compliance with federal regulations, this section also includes an assessment of the degree to which the MCO has effectively addressed the recommendations for quality improvement made by the NYS EQRO in the previous year’s EQR report. The MCO was given the opportunity to describe current and proposed interventions that address areas of concern, as well as an opportunity to explain areas that the MCO did not feel were within its ability to improve. The response by the MCO is appended to this section of the report.
The Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) Plan-Technical Reports are eighteen (18) individualized reports on the MLTC plans certified to provide Medicaid coverage in NYS. The reports are organized into the following domains: Plan Profile, Enrollment, Utilization, Member Satisfaction, SAAM Quality of Clinical Assessments and Performance Improvement Projects (PIPs). When available and appropriate, the plans' data in these domains are compared to statewide benchmarks.
Starting with Reporting Year 2010, abbreviated versions of the PTRs will be issued every year, with a full report issued every third reporting year. The abbreviated reports include all the domains described above except health information technology and selected financial data. Select sections have been condensed however, within each of the included domains.
In an effort to provide the most consistent presentation of this varied information, the PTR is prepared based on data for the most current calendar year available. Where possible, data for prior calendar years may also be included for trending purposes. This report includes data for Reporting Year 2012.
Reporting Year 2012
- All Plan Summary Report (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Affinity Health Plan (PDF, 1.3MB)
- AmeriGroup New York, LLC [HealthPlus AmeriGroup] (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc. (CDPHP) (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Community Blue: BCBS of Western New York Health Now New York Inc. (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Excellus (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Fidelis Care New York (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (PDF, 1.2MB)
- HealthFirst PHSP, Inc. (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Hudson Health Plan Inc. (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Independent Health Association, Inc. (PDF, 1.2MB)
- MetroPlus Health Plan, Inc. (PDF, 1.1MB)
- MVP Health Plan, Inc. (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Total Care, A Today's Options of New York Health Plan, Inc. (PDF, 1.1MB)
- UnitedHealthCare Community Plan (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Univera Community Health, Inc. (PDF, 1.1MB)
- WellCare of New York, Inc. (PDF, 1.3MB)
HIV Special Needs Plans
- All Plan Summary Report (PDF, 902KB)
- Amida Care, Inc. (PDF, 714KB)
- Metroplus Health Plan, Inc. (PDF, 702KB)
- VNSNY Choice SelectHealth (PDF, 616KB)
Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) Plan-Technical Reports
- Arch Care Senior Life (PDF, 231KB )
- Catholic Health (PDF, 258KB )
- CenterLight (PDF, 433KB)
- Eddy Senior Care (PDF, 307KB )
- Elant Choice (PDF, 304KB)
- Elderplan (PDF, 309KB)
- Elderserve Health (PDF, 304KB)
- Fidelis (PDF, 328KB)
- GuildNet (PDF, 327KB)
- Independence Care System (PDF, 258KB)
- Independent Living for Seniors - Rochester (PDF, 351KB)
- PACE CNY (PDF, 343KB)
- Senior Health Partners (PDF, 259KB)
- Senior Network Health (PDF, 299KB)
- Senior Whole Health (PDF, 242KB)
- Total Aging in Place (PDF, 284KB)
- Total Senior Care (PDF, 333KB)
- VNSNY Choice (PDF, 307KB)