Goals and Benefits
For the Resident
- The ritual of reading a tabloid draws on the resident's memory and strengths.
- Positive social interaction between resident's with dementia that benefits all the residents participating.
- A sense of relative well being.
- Social interactions that support residents' self-esteem and sense of competence by helping them to experience success in sharing their talents and abilities.
- Meets residents' interpersonal and creative needs.
For the Staff
- Provides opportunity for positive staff/resident interaction.
- Prevents or alleviates agitated behavior.