New York 1115 Medicaid Waiver Information Page
New York State´s Medicaid Section 1115 Waiver Partnership Plan has achieved significant results in meeting its major goals of improving access, quality and cost effectiveness of health services for the poorest and most at risk residents. The waiver, which has operated since 1997, has allowed the State to implement a managed care program which provides comprehensive and coordinated health care to Medicaid recipients, thereby improving their overall health coverage. This webpage provides resources to those who are interested in the waiver and would like to contribute to the effort.
Please email questions, comments, or concerns to: email@example.com
New York State is well positioned to lead the nation in Medicaid reform. Governor Cuomo´s Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) has developed a multi-year action plan (A Plan to Transform the Empire State´s Medicaid Program) that when fully implemented will not only improve health outcomes for more than five million New Yorkers but also bend the state´s Medicaid cost curve. Significant federal savings have already been realized through New York´s MRT process and substantial savings will also accrue as part of this action plan.
Additional information can be found on the MRT website: http://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/redesign/mrt_waiver.htm
Email Listserv for Notifications Related to the Partnership Plan Waiver Extension
NYS DOH has created a Listserv for interested stakeholders, advocates, consumers, counties, providers, and state associations to register to receive relevant updates on department program initiatives or new projects where stakeholder input is desired. Sign up today and be notified of updates to this website, new information related to the Partnership Plan waiver amendment and extension, and opportunities to participate in the public engagement process.
To subscribe send an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message, type:
- SUBSCRIBE MRT-L YourFirstName YourLastName
NY Partnership Plan Temporary Extension CMS Approval
- NY 1115 Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 10-13-2016
- NY 1115 Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 9-07-2016
- NY 1115 Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 8-04-2016
- NY 1115 Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 7-13-2016
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 06-14-2016
- NY 1115 Temporary Extension 05-25-2016
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 04-28-2016
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 03-31-2016
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 02-24-2016
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 11-23-2015
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 09-30-2015
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 07-29-2015
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 06-01-2015
- New York Partnership Plan Temp Extension Letter 4-30-15
- New York Partnership Plan Temp Extension Letter 3-31-15
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 12-31-2014
Partnership Plan 2015 Annual Report
Partnership Plan Extension (New)
New York State is requesting approval from CMS to extend the Partnership Plan Demonstration for an additional five years, from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2019, in order for the State to reinvest federal savings generated by the Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) reform initiatives and to reinvest in the state´s health care system currently authorized by the Partnership Plan. Additionally, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) is currently in negotiations with CMS to amend the Partnership Plan to continue MRT initiatives, and implement the MRT/Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DRIP) plan, and to integrate behavioral health benefits and populations into managed care.
The complete extension application with narrative and attachments is included below, along with the letter from CMS, accepting the application as complete.
- CMS New York 1115 Renewal Completeness letter
- Partnership Plan Extension Narrative
- Interim Evaluation Report (PDF, 2MB)
- Tribal Consultation Letter
- Public Notice (PDF, 89KB)
- QARR Report 2010-2013
- BN 1115 5 Year Extension
- Behavioral Health Evaluation
The public was invited to review and comment on the State´s proposed waiver extension request.
The 1115 waiver is designed to permit New York to use a managed care delivery system to deliver benefits to Medicaid recipients, create efficiencies in the Medicaid program, and enable the extension of coverage to certain individuals who would otherwise be without health insurance. In addition, New York´s goals in implementing its 1115 waiver include improving access to health services and better health outcomes for New Yorkers through multiple programs.
The Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program is a significant waiver initiative, and members of the DSRIP Project Approval and Oversight Panel will join DOH staff in listening to the feedback provided by members of the public and stakeholders on these Public Comment Days. Feedback on all waiver programs is welcomed.
The Department of Health hosted the following New York´s 1115 Waiver Public Comment Day forums:
- The downstate Public Comment Day was held on May 4, 2016 in New York City, at the NYU Kimmel Center (60 Washington Square Park South).
- The upstate Public Comment Day was held on July 12, 2016 in Albany at the Empire State Plaza, Meeting Room #6.
These meetings were webcast live and open to the public. Recordings can be accessed at http://www.health.ny.gov/events/webcasts/archive/
Public comments received:
- May 4, 2016
- July 12, 2016
Currently, there are no programs related to community water fluoridation in either the 1115 waiver or DSRIP program. Public comments submitted related to fluoridation are below:
- Public comments on fluoridation (PDF 3MB)
Fluoride comments can be sent to: email@example.com.
Please direct all questions to DSRIP@health.ny.gov
Partnership Plan Revised STCs - As of October 01, 2015
Partnership Plan Revised STCs - As amended April 14, 2014
Partnership Plan Revised STCs - January 2014
F-SHRP Evaluation Report
MRT Evaluation Report
- Hospital-Medical Home Final Report Acceptance Letter 10.28.15
- Hospital Medical Home Demonstration Final Report
- Clinic Uncompensated Care Amendment Request - August 21, 2015 (Pending)
- Behavioral Health - HARPs Amendment - July 29, 2015
- Delivery System Reform Incentive Payments (DSRIP)
Proposed Revisions to the State´s MRT Waiver Amendment/DSRIP Special Terms and Conditions (STCs) and Attachments I & J
December 9, 2015
- CMS Letter
- DSRIP Special Terms and Conditions - NYS Redlines (PDF, 673KB)
- Attachment I - NYS Redlines (PDF, 556KB)
- Attachment J - NYS Redlines (PDF, 297KB)