New York 1115 Medicaid Waiver Information Page
New York State´s Medicaid Section 1115 Waiver Partnership Plan has achieved significant results in meeting its major goals of improving access, quality and cost effectiveness of health services for the poorest and most at risk residents. The waiver, which has operated since 1997, has allowed the State to implement a managed care program which provides comprehensive and coordinated health care to Medicaid recipients, thereby improving their overall health coverage. This webpage provides resources to those who are interested in the waiver and would like to contribute to the effort.
Please email questions, comments, or concerns to: email@example.com
New York State is well positioned to lead the nation in Medicaid reform. Governor Cuomo´s Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) has developed a multi-year action plan (A Plan to Transform the Empire State´s Medicaid Program) that when fully implemented will not only improve health outcomes for more than five million New Yorkers but also bend the state´s Medicaid cost curve. Significant federal savings have already been realized through New York´s MRT process and substantial savings will also accrue as part of this action plan.
Additional information can be found on the MRT website: http://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/redesign/mrt_waiver.htm
Email Listserv for Notifications Related to the Partnership Plan Waiver Extension
NYS DOH has created a Listserv for interested stakeholders, advocates, consumers, counties, providers, and state associations to register to receive relevant updates on department program initiatives or new projects where stakeholder input is desired. Sign up today and be notified of updates to this website, new information related to the Partnership Plan waiver amendment and extension, and opportunities to participate in the public engagement process.
To subscribe send an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message, type:
- SUBSCRIBE MRT-L YourFirstName YourLastName
NY Partnership Plan Temporary Extension CMS Approval
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 09-30-2015
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 07-29-2015
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 06-01-2015
- New York Partnership Plan Temp Extension Letter 4-30-15
- New York Partnership Plan Temp Extension Letter 3-31-15
- NY PP Temp Ext Amend CMS Approval 12-31-2014
Partnership Plan 2014 Annual Report
- Annual Report 2014 (PDF, 3MB)
Partnership Plan Extension (New)
New York State is requesting approval from CMS to extend the Partnership Plan Demonstration for an additional five years, from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2019, in order for the State to reinvest federal savings generated by the Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) reform initiatives and to reinvest in the state´s health care system currently authorized by the Partnership Plan. Additionally, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) is currently in negotiations with CMS to amend the Partnership Plan to continue MRT initiatives, and implement the MRT/Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DRIP) plan, and to integrate behavioral health benefits and populations into managed care.
The complete extension application with narrative and attachments is included below, along with the letter from CMS, accepting the application as complete.
- CMS New York 1115 Renewal Completeness letter
- Partnership Plan Extension Narrative
- Interim Evaluation Report (PDF, 2MB)
- Tribal Consultation Letter
- Public Notice (PDF, 89KB)
- QARR Report 2010-2013
- BN 1115 5 Year Extension (PDF, 285KB)
- Behavioral Health Evaluation
Link to Application for Partnership Plan Waiver Extension on CMS webpage. (PDF, 40MB)
The public was invited to review and comment on the State´s proposed waiver extension request.
Partnership Plan Revised STCs - As amended April 14, 2014
- CMS Letter
- Waiver Authority, Expenditure Authority List, and Special Terms and Conditions (PDF, 1MB)
Partnership Plan Revised STCs - January 2014
MRT Evaluation Report
- Hospital-Medical Home Final Report Acceptance Letter 10.28.15
- Hospital Medical Home Demonstration Final Report
- Clinic Uncompensated Care Amendment Request (Pending)
- Behavioral Health - HARPs Amendment
- Delivery System Reform Incentive Payments (DSRIP)