Vaccination Information for Health Care Personnel
Achieving and sustaining high vaccination coverage among health care personnel (HCP) will protect staff and their patients, and reduce disease burden and health-care costs.
Yet, despite the documented benefits of HCP influenza vaccination on patient outcomes and HCP absenteeism, and on reducing influenza infection among staff, vaccination coverage among HCP remains low, less than 50%.
- HCP provide care to patients at high risk for complications of influenza.
- Older HCP (i.e., age 65 years or older) and those who have underlying chronic medical conditions or who might be pregnant are at increased risk for influenza-related complications.
Influenza Vaccination Resources
- Influenza Vaccination of Health Care Personnel (PPT, 1.6MB, 21slides)
- Seasonal Influenza (Flu)
- Questions and Answers
- Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Health-Care Personnel --- United States, 2010--11 Influenza Season, CDC
- Vaccine-Related Journal Articles - Immunization Action Coalition (IAC)
Other Recommended Vaccines
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Rubella (German Measles)
- Tetanus (Lockjaw)
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)