Health Care Personnel
Achieving and sustaining high vaccination coverage among health care personnel will protect staff and their patients, and reduce disease burden and health-care costs.
Vaccines for Health Care Personnel
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (TdaP)
- Vaccination Information for Health Care Personnel
- Resources for Program Coordinators and Administrators on Vaccination of Health Care Personnel
- Health Care Worker Influenza Vaccination Rates/New York State Hospitals, 2011-2012 (PDF, 170KB)
- Health Care Worker Influenza Vaccine Declination Rates/New York State Hospitals, 2011-2012 (PDF, 161KB)
New York State Laws and Regulations
- Long-term Care Resident and Employee Immunization Act PHL Article-21-A)
- This law requires long-term care facilities, adult homes, adult day healthcare facilities, and enriched housing programs to provide or arrange for influenza vaccination for all residents and employees every year. The law also requires these types of facilities to provide or arrange for pneumococcal vaccination for all residents and employees for whom the vaccine is recommended per guidelines issued by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
- Compilation of the Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (NYCRR) Title 10, Sections 405.3, 415.26, 751.6, 763.13, 766.11, 793.5.
These regulations require that all persons who work at hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic and treatment centers, home health agencies and programs and hospices be immune to measles and rubella. The NYCRR can be found at New York Codes, Rules and Regulations, Title 10.
- Hospitals (405.3 – Administration)
- Nursing Homes (415.26 – Organization and administration)
- Diagnostic and Treatment Centers (751.6 – Personnel)
- Certified Home Health Agencies, Long Term Health Care Program and AIDS Home Care Programs (763.13 – Personnel)
- Licensed Home Care Services Agencies (766.11 - Personnel)
- Hospice (793.5-Personnel)
National Vaccination Recommendations and Resources
- Vaccines and Immunizations, For Specific Groups of People: Healthcare Workers - Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC)
- Immunization of Health-Care Personnel, Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), CDC - Updated November 25, 2011
- Influenza Vaccination of Health-Care Personnel: Recommendations of ACIP and HICPAC - Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC)
- Health Care Personnel Vaccination Recommendations - Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) (PDF, 66KB, 1pg.)