Childhood and Adolescent Immunizations
Immunizations are one of the most important ways to keep your children and adolescents healthy. To get the best protection for your child--make sure he or she is immunized on time. Talk with your child's provider at every visit (both well and sick) to be sure your child is up-to-date on his or her immunizations. By doing so, children and adolescents will be protected against potentially life-threatening vaccine preventable diseases.
Table of Contents
- Which Vaccines Does My Child/Adolescent Need?
- Information on Recommended Vaccines for Children and Adolescents
- Additional Resources
- Provider Resources
Which Vaccines Does My Child/Adolescent Need?
Find out the vaccines recommended for your child using these tools:
- Recommended Childhood & Adolescent Immunization Schedule - Birth to 12 Years (PDF, 313KB, 1pg.)
- Childhood & Adolescent Immunization Schedule - CDC
- Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance (PDF, 38KB, 2pg.)
- Parent's Guide to Childhood Immunizations - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Pre-Teen and Teen Vaccines, CDC
- Cocooning Protects Babies, Immunization Action Coalition
Information on Recommended Vaccines for Children/Adolescents
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine
- HPV Vaccination - CDC
Recommendations for the use of HPV vaccine were recently modified.
Please note that the content on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website may not yet reflect these new recommendations.
- HPV Fact Sheet
- Give your child a better shot at life -- vaccinate for HPV! Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- HPV Vaccination - CDC
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccine (seasonal) - For anyone who is 6 months of age or older
- Meningococcal (MCV4) Vaccine
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Poliomyelitis (Polio)
- Rubella (German Measles)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Why Vaccinate?
- Stories of Those Affected by Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Shot by Shot, California Immunization Coalition
- Sounds of Pertussis, March of Dimes
- Unprotected People Reports, Immunization Action Coalition
- The Faces of Influenza: a portrait gallery of famous and not-so-famous Americans who urge you to get you flu vaccine every year, American Lung Association
- Why Flu Vaccination Matters: Personal Stories from Families Affected by Influenza - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Importance of Receiving an Annual Flu Vaccine – The Marotta Family's story
- How to Hold Your Child during Vaccinations, CDC
- Tips for Less Stressful Shot Visit, CDC
- Vaccine Safety
- Vaccines for Children Program
- Vaccines and Preventable Diseases - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Vaccines.gov - National Vaccine Program Office, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Travel Immunizations
- Immunization, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Immunization Action Coalition