Assisted Living Program Announcement: ALP 6000-Bed Initiative, Opportunity for Development
Chapter 56 of the Laws of 2012 amended Section 461-l of the Social Services Law (SSL) to authorize the Commissioner of Health to establish up to 6,000 new Assisted Living Program (ALP) beds.
Interested applicants must submit the Opportunity for Development (OFD) proposal by 5:00 p.m. July 18, 2012. This form and instructions, as well as other relevant information, can be accessed below:
- Announcement of Assisted Living Program Opportunity for Development Awards (PDF, 35KB, 1pg.)
- Statute (PDF, 25KB, 1pg.)
- ALP Initiative Plan (PDF, 35KB, 2pg.)
- Dear Potential Applicant (PDF, 31KB, 2pg.)
- General Application Steps for ALP 6000 (OFD) (PDF, 18KB, 1pg.)
- Opportunity for Development Form (PDF, 217KB, 3pg.)
- Opportunity for Development Form Instructions (PDF, 183KB, 4pg.)
- Economic Development Regions (PDF, 300KB, 1pg.)
Note: It is incumbent upon the interested party to thoroughly review the Opportunity for Development (OFD) application for completeness and accuracy prior to submission based on the instructions provided. The Department will select applicants based primarily on information provided in the Opportunity for Development proposal. OFD proposals received for new ALP beds will be given preference over OFD proposals received for the conversion of existing licensed ACF beds.
The Department will accept written questions received on the Department web site until May 18, 2012. All questions should be submitted via email with the subject line ALP OFD, to ALPapplication@health.state.ny.us. The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document will be posted in June 2012.
Contact InformationPaul Pflieger, Director
Bureau of Certification and Finance
Division of Long Term Care
New York State Department of Health
875 Central Avenue
Albany, New York 12206 Attention: OFD