Prevention Agenda 2013-2018: Preventing Chronic Diseases Action Plan
- Recommended evidence-based programs, policies and practices have been identified for each action plan and organized by focus area and goal. For each recommended program, policy or practice, a brief description is given along with links to assist with implementation. Journal articles can be accessed from the New York State Library or Dickerman Library.
- Focus Area 1: Reduce Obesity in Children and Adults
- Focus Area 2: Reduce Illness, Disability and Death Related to Tobacco Use and Secondhand Smoke Exposure
- Focus Area 3: Increase Access to High Quality Chronic Disease Preventive Care and Management in Both Clinical and Community Settings
- Appendix 1: Preventing Chronic Diseases Action Plan Indicators
- Appendix 2: Alignment with National and State Key Documents, Objectives and Evidence Base.
- Indicators For Tracking Public Health Priority Areas - County and state rates compared to 2018 objectives.
- Health Data NY - Downloadable data on the Indicators for Tracking Public Health Priority Areas.
- Health Indicator Reports - tables that contains data for all 62 New York State counties, 8 regions, New York City, Rest of State and New York State.
- County Health Indicators by Race/Ethnicity - Minority Health Data and Statistics
Note: The Prevention Agenda 2013-2017 has been extended to 2018 to align its timeline with other state and federal health care reform initiatives.