Instructions to the Prescription Monitoring Program
The New York State Department of Health's Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement maintains an online Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) registry.
The online program, formerly referred to as the Controlled Substance Information program (CSI), allows you to review your patients' recent controlled substance prescription history at any time, therefore, giving you more information to exercise your professional judgment in treating your patients.
Currently, any New York State licensed prescriber who holds a valid DEA registration may access the PMP registry. Each prescriber must have an individual Health Commerce System Account (HCS) to gain access. Instructions on how to establish an account are available at the following website:
How to Access the PMP Registry
- Go to the HCS at: https://commerce.health.state.ny.us
- Log onto the system with your user ID and password (If you can't remember your password, call the Commerce Account Management Unit at 1-866-529-1890, Option 1, for assistance).
- Select "Applications" at the top of the page. Click on the letter "P".
- Scroll down to "Prescription Monitoring Program Registry"
- Click the green plus sign under the Add/Remove column to add this application to your favorites so you don't have to scroll down each time in the HCS [optional]
- Click to open the program
- Enter patient information and your DEA registration number
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions within the application for further information
Currently, this program is available to New York State prescribers of controlled substances only, but coming soon this program will also be available to pharmacists. Check the BNE website for new information on this program.
Call 1-866-811-7957 (Option #1)