Notice regarding Provider Reporting Changes

September 4, 2013

Significant reporting changes will be forthcoming to your HCRA reporting obligation(s). These changes will be implemented on October 1, 2013.

For all Hospitals: You must submit your August 2013 Statewide report before October 1 to ensure the accuracy of your Public Goods Pool report and your Statewide report. Payment for your August Statewide report is still due on October 10, 2013.

For all Providers: Prior to October 1, you must complete any "saved" reports. Any "saved" reports not completed by October 1, 2013 will be deleted.

The report modifications are outlined below:

  • You will no longer be able to submit reports prior to the Statute of Limitations. The Statute of Limitations is 6 years from the end of the year in which the report is due. Therefore in 2013, the oldest report you can submit will be the December 2006 report month.
  • The option to submit an adjustment report has been added. An adjustment report should be used if you need to submit a net adjustment for a period that you have previously reported.
  • The "Prior Period Adjustment" column on Page 1 of the Public Goods report has been removed. All adjustments should be done by submitting an adjustment report.
  • "Pool Years" have been removed. They have been replaced by "Rate Periods". A "Rate Period" is the span of report months in which the surcharge remained constant. For example, one "Rate Period" is from April 2009 thru December 2014 where the surcharge rates were 9.63% and 7.04%. Another "Rate Period" is from January 2006 thru March 2009 where the surcharge rates were 8.95% and 6.54%. The rate periods are listed on the reports.
  • Adjustment reports will not calculate any penalty and interest. Any applicable penalty and interest will be billed separately by the New York State Department of Health.
  • Adjustment reports can be credit reports where the total amount due is less than $0.00. If you have a credit adjustment report, you must notify the Office of Pool Administration and let them know how you plan to recoup your credit amount. You should recoup your credit amount on a future report month.

Should you have any questions concerning the above, please contact the Electronic Help Desk at (315) 671-3800 or by email at