Certificate of Need
Effective January 1, 2012, all Limited Review and CON applications must be submitted via the electronic Certificate of Need system (NYSE-CON). The Department of Health is no longer accepting paper applications.
Expedited Review Process for HRSA-Funded FQHC Projects
New York's Certificate of Need (CON) process governs establishment, construction, renovation and major medical equipment acquisitions of health care facilities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, home care agencies, and diagnostic and treatment centers.
The objectives of the CON process are to promote delivery of high quality health care and ensure that services are aligned with community need. CON provides the Department of Health oversight in limiting investment in duplicate beds, services and medical equipment which, in turn, limits associated health care costs.
- How to Determine if CON Submission is Required
- How to submit a CON application
- Public Health and Health Planning Council
- CON Applications Distributed and Approved 1996-2010
- CON History and Historical Documents
- Questions from Nursing Homes Applying to Enhance Vent Bed Services in New York City
- State Hospital Review and Planning Council
- Public Health Council
- CON Reform
- Dear Nursing Home Operator: Reinstatement of the Certificate of Need (CON) Application Process for Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) Applications (June 25, 2010)
- History of Updates to the CON Schedules