Certificate of Need
Licensed Home Care Services Agency Applications Go Electronic!
Effective May 21, 2015 Licensed Home Care Services Agency (LHCSA) applications for New Agencies and Change in Ownership/Controlling Persons will be submitted electronically via the New York State Electronic Certificate of Need (NYSE-CON) system. Therefore, effective May 21, 2015, the Department will no longer accept paper applications for new LHCSAs or for changes in ownership and/or controlling persons of LHCSAs.
In order to submit applications via NYSE-CON, applicants need a NYSDOH Health Commerce System (HCS) account. Please follow this link to learn how to obtain an HCS account, if necessary:
LHCSA application submissions will be similar to Certificate of Need application submissions. Please follow these links to find information about the NYSE-CON system, Forms and Schedules for the LHCSA application and Training documents:
- New York State Electronic Certificate of Need (NYSE-CON) System
- LHCSA Application Forms and Schedules
- LHCSA Training Document
For technical questions related to submission of applications via NYSE-CON please contact email@example.com.
For questions concerning the application content please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York's Certificate of Need (CON) process governs establishment, construction, renovation and major medical equipment acquisitions of health care facilities, such as hospitals, nursing homes, home care agencies, and diagnostic and treatment centers.
The objectives of the CON process are to promote delivery of high quality health care and ensure that services are aligned with community need. CON provides the Department of Health oversight in limiting investment in duplicate beds, services and medical equipment which, in turn, limits associated health care costs.
- How to Determine if CON Submission is Required
- How to submit a CON application
- Project Resources and References
- Drawing Submission Guidelines DSG-01, DSG-02, DSG-03, DSG-04, DSG-05, DSG-06 (Submit Full Size Hard Copies 24X36 Min.)
- Submission Guidelines for Schematic Design Review DSG-01 (PDF, 188KB)
- Drawing Submission Guidelines: DSG-02 for Hospitals (PDF, 343KB)
- Drawing Submission Guidelines: DSG-03 for Outpatient Facilities (PDF, 364KB)
- Drawing Submission Guidelines: DSG-04 for Residential Health Care Facilities (PDF, 271KB)
- Drawing Submission Guidelines: DSG-05 for 100% Construction Documents (PDF, 159KB)
- Waiver Submission Guidelines
- Drawing Submission Guidelines: DSG-06 Waiver Requests (PDF, 430KB)
- Submission Requirement for Time Limited Waivers Part 1 (PDF, 237KB)
- Submission Requirement for Time Limited Waivers Part 2 (PDF, 222KB)
- Construction Waiver/Equivalency Request
- Pre-Opening Survey
- Environmental Documentation Checklist (PDF, 115KB)
- Section 711.2 - Pertinent Technical Standards
- Public Health and Health Planning Council
- CON Applications Distributed and Approved 1996-2010
- CON History and Historical Documents
- Questions from Nursing Homes Applying to Enhance Vent Bed Services in New York City
- State Hospital Review and Planning Council
- Public Health Council
- CON Reform
- Dear Nursing Home Operator: Reinstatement of the Certificate of Need (CON) Application Process for Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) Applications (June 25, 2010)
- History of Updates to the CON Schedules