Foodborne Illness Complaints

All foodborne illness complaints are investigated by local health departments. If you suspect the food you ate made you ill, please contact your doctor and your local health department:

General Complaints about a Restaurant or Food Vendor

Complaints about food service establishments are investigated by the local health department responsible for the area where the restaurant is located. Please contact the local health department to file a complaint about a restaurant:

General Complaints about a Grocery Store, Convenience Store or Other Similar Food Store

If you did not become ill, but wish to file a complaint about a grocery store, contact the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, which licenses and inspects grocery stores, convenience stores and other similar food stores: