Advisory Council on Lead Poisoning Prevention
The Advisory Council on Lead Poisoning Prevention was established by New York State Public Health Law to provide guidance to the Department of Health concerning the development and implementation of plans, policies and services for the prevention and elimination of childhood lead poisoning, including the identification and management of children with lead poisoning, and strategies to detect and reduce lead hazards in the environment. The Council is chaired by the Department of Health.
Advisory Council meetings are open to the public. Meetings can be viewed live via webcast. Webcasts of the meetings are posted on the DOH web site for one month following the meeting.
Next Meeting Dates and Location
- 10:00 am to 2:35 PM, Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Location: Empire State Plaza Concourse Meeting Room 7
For directions and more information, call: (518) 402-7600
Membership in the Council consists of 15 representatives of the public appointed by the governor. At least one public member shall represent: local government; community groups; labor unions; real estate; industry; parents; educators; local housing authorities; child health advocates; environmental groups; professional medical organizations and hospitals. The public members serve three-year terms.
The Advisory Council also consists of representatives from the following NYS agencies: Department of Health; Department of Labor; Department of Environmental Conservation; Department of Housing and Community Renewal; Office of Children and Family Services; Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance; Department of State; and, the Insurance Department. Agency representatives are designated by the Commissioner of each agency. In addition, there is an adjunct member from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- April 27, 2011: Minutes (PDF, 171KB, 10pg.)
- October 19, 2009: Minutes (PDF, 171KB, 10pg.)
- June 26, 2009: Minutes (PDF, 180KB, 12pg.)
- March 31, 2009: Minutes (PDF, 150KB, 20pg.)
- July 1, 2008 – December 31, 2008 Advisory Council on Lead Poisoning Prevention Report (PDF, 611KB, 45pg.)
- January 1, 2006 – June 30, 2008 Advisory Council on Lead Poisoning Prevention Report (PDF, 811KB, 138pg.)
- 2005 Lead Poisoning Prevention Advisory Council Annual Report (PDF, 598KB, 86pg.)