ROPES – Registration for Official Prescriptions and E-prescribing Systems
ROPES is a new online application that allows the practitioner/hospital to renew their registration for the Official Prescription Program and register their certified electronic prescribing software application for controlled substances. ROPES is accessed through the Health Commerce System (HCS). Click here for instructions to obtain an HCS account. Please note only one account per user is necessary to access the HCS.
Physician Assistants (PA) must register with the Bureau by filling out forms DOH-4329 & DOH-5054. PA can then go online after 24 - 48 hours of registering and enter their EPCS themselves.
ROPES can be accessed in the following steps:
- Login to the Health Commerce System at https://commerce.health.state.ny.us
- Select "My Content" at the top of the page
- Scroll down and select "All Applications"
- Scroll over and select "R"
- Scroll down and select ROPES